Monday, August 13, 2007

Greetings from the bottom rung!

This is my first blogging experience, so bear with me -- It might take a little while for the floodgates to open.
Okay, so I stole the name of my blog from House of Leaves. Not that I have anything nearly as weird to talk about as The Five and a Half Minute Hallway (for the uninitiated it's the closet in the Navidson's house that leads to a part of the house that continues on for miles and miles into another dimension). Although, here in the Berkshires we do call the place The Vortex, at least we did back in school, at Simon's Rock, and some of the shit I saw then flat out gave me chills. In fact, me and some guys I knew once saw a ghost on the trail that goes up the hill, out by that abandoned monastery, or whatever it is. We saw something glowing in the trees. My friend Boden went over to check it out. He turned green, I swear it. Said he recognized the person, that he knew him. then he told me it was one of the people shot by Wayne Lo when he went on a killing spree back in the early 90's. There's other stuff like that, too. The place is just riddled with portals to other dimensions and that kind of thing. But anyway, not sure if I want to get into it. I'm sitting here at work at The Eagle wondering how much I can get away with randomly spewing. When I say I"m at the bottom rung here, I'm shitting you not. Most of what I do here you could train encephalatic sea monkeys to handle easily. Have you ever written an obit? It's mind numbingly dull. Still, I shouldn't be complaining. Too many horror stories haunt my mind about employees who've spilled their guts online and found themselves fired before they'd gotten out of bed the next morning. But what I've seen go on here, you just would not believe it. There's no doubt in my mind that I could tear open a few marriages with just the shit I've overheard having drinks with people.
But I think I'm going to just shut up for now. At least for today.
Looking forward to jamming with my band Train Out Of Body tonight! I'm the singer and guitarist. I'll put up a link when we get our myspace page together.

No comments: